Friday, January 11, 2008

A bond takes two!

My mommy loves me! We have been together for more than 13 years, and it was love at first sight. She says I am the most loyal furkid anyone could ever have, and I have never disappointed her in any way. I am such a calm and charming kitty! I would never hurt anyone, and place a lot of trust in people. Mom and I have a silent and special understanding. Sometimes we'll just sit there staring at each other and I squint my eyes at her (in kitty language, it means I trust her), and she'll squint back at me to return the trust. When she comes home, she comes looking for me even before she puts her stuff down, and I am usually on her mind all day whenever she's not with me. (Nothing like being obsessed with me Mom!)

But, she has to realize that someday I will be gone. Unfortunately kitties don't last forever. She says she wishes I could be with her forever and ever, and although I wish I could too (because she gives me treats of course!), I will someday go to Rainbow Bridge where I will have fun running and playing with other kitties, doggies, ratties, birdies, fishies, etc. under the sun, rainbows, and surrounded by beautiful trees, green grass, (and maybe catnip??? That must grow there too!) It all sounds so beautiful!

But until then, my commitment is as Mommy's baby boy, and we make each other very happy through cuddles, headbutts, and trusting eye squints.



1 comment:

Rattie said...

And you provide mom such unconditional love!