Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy birding!

Monique: I have been dying to get around to do some birding, so I made it a point to get up with the birds (lol) and go. I woke up at 5:30am and arrived at my destination around 6:30 am. The birds were in full force and just so overwhelming because there were so many of them!!! I'm sure I stayed in the same area for at least 30 mins. It was great to see all the beautiful Warblers out. And of course I saw a bunch of Sparrows and quite a few birds I was unable to identify. I did find two particular birds that especially caught my interest and I made it a point to consult my field guide at once. One was a male Hairy Woodpecker (I think.. I was unable to classify him as anything else!) and I became especially excited when I THOUGHT I saw an Eastern Towhee, but it could have just ended up being an American Redstart. Either way, I was excited (it doesn't take much for me, lol)..

I returned to my spot this afternoon, but I didn't find anything of interest.

Anyway, I had an amazing time, even if I was alone. Nature is SO beautiful at 6:30am, and it allowed me to recharge my "me" time.









No comments: