Monday, June 14, 2010

Bday poem for Mr. Fluffy

Mom found this poem she wrote for Mr. Fluffy 2 years ago. Isn't it beautiful? She misses him so much. I guess he was a real sweetheart.

Happy Birthday, Baby

Fluffy, you were born in 1994
From that moment on, you are the one I adore.
14 years of fond memories have passed,
My love for you will always last.

You are the best friend I have ever had,
You are always there for me when I am sad.
Th
ere is not much you ask in return,
Yet, from you, so much I learn.

You have taught me to laugh and smile,
To be sensitive to your meows when you haven't seen me in a while.
To realize that animals too are family,
But most of all, to love what surrounds me.

Fluffy, I am starting to see aging in your eyes so amber.
I have to realize we can not be together forever.
I c
an not imagine my life without you my friend,
But to think you will always be with me, I can not pretend.

But for now, your 14 years we will celebrate,
And leave the rest we will to fate.
We have an understanding between us that will never die,
Even after you must say goodbye.

You make my life so worthwhile,
Through your purrs you make me smile.
So let us give cheers,
Baby, here is to 14 beautiful and meaningful years.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

That is a nice poem for Mr. Fluffy. He is definitely missed but not forgotten.